Manager Vendor Development
As the Manager - This position is for HQ for leading the team of Vendor development Engineers involved in Parts Development and Vendor Development support Global Manufacturing Locations.
- Allocating Supplier(s) to Engineer(s) in a systematic manner which is in line with organization's strategic goals and supplier criticality, material commodity and capability of team member.
- Mentor and develop technically competent and responsible team of Vendor Development Engineers
- Managing the Vendor Development team for development of parts to meet new product launches and new parts being introduced in existing products through ECNs.
- Managing the Vendor Development team in appropriate supplier selection to meet the organizational goals and who are capable of scaling up with the growing business of Grey Orange.
- Controlling the cost of Bill of Materials of various products and responsible for cost reduction in existing part(s) cost by negotiation, value engineering or actualization. Should provide objective and quantifiable feedback and direction to vendor development team in cost saving
- Create purchase strategy as per organization's goals to ensuring material availability as per production schedule. Create SOP's for purchase function
Improve/apply best supply chain practices
- Objectively determine supplier(s) capacity and merit as per performance and derive adequate share of business to be awarded to supplier as per purchasing strategy safeguarding organization's strategic goals
- Maintaining healthy supplier relationships and guide SCM team to provide feedback to suppliers, hold frequent reviews with suppliers and run a supplier rewards and recognition program.
KRAs & KPIs of Inventory and Logistics profile:
- Development of parts in line with the plan of new product launches
- Cost reduction in the BOM Cost of various products
- Healthy business relationships with suppliers
- Suppliers contracts to be in place
- Performance review of suppliers and regular feedback for improvements
- Problem solving ability
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership - Team Handling and people Management
- Time Management