Sr. Engineer – Problem Management
Grey Orange seeking a talented and motivated engineer to be part of our world class Customer Service Operations. As Sr. Engineer in Problem Management you will be part of the Client Service team of Grey Orange and are responsible to lead Problem Management, drive RCAs and Corrective and preventive actions on the tickets.
- Effective execution of the Problem Management (PM) process and carrying out the respective reporting procedure.
- Accountability for the complete Problem Management process:
- Assessment & Prioritization.
- Root Cause Analysis, Working with Subject Matter Expert(s) to identify the root cause and track resolution determination and implementation plans
- Resolution Definition & Implementation
- Track and resolve Repetitive Incidents on High Priority
- Managing the lifecycle of all problems.
- Preventing incidents from happening.
- Minimizing the impact of unavoidable incidents.
- Making temporary solutions (workarounds) available to incident management.
- Developing final solutions for known errors.
- Performing trend analysis of important services or historical incidents
- Problem identification and recording.
- Problem investigation and diagnosis.
- Identifying underlying causes of incidents and preventing recurrences.
- Submitting change requests to change management as required to eliminate known problems.
- Recording, managing, and advancing the problem by escalating to an elevated level of expertise, if appropriate, by integrating with change management, incident management and configuration management.
- Creating tasks to work on the problem resolution.
- Analysing historical data to identify and eliminate potential incidents before they occur.
- Identifying users to actively monitor and oversee the problem resolution process.
- Reviewing completeness & feasibility of the resolution and coordinating execution approval with relevant management, stakeholders & task owners
- Monitoring the quality and timeliness of problem activities in progress.
- Escalating problems or tasks that are not resolved within defined timeframes/SLA to stakeholders and management.
- Performing and coordinating proactive PM, including monthly Incident analysis and applying problem resolutions to other applicable areas
- Preparing monthly PM report and dashboards containing Problem status/trending and Incident analysis.
- Reducing recurring Incidents by driving CAPA with relevant teams and henceforth reducing Incident volume.
- Required to work closely with CAC team and ensure no major issues are reported post corrective actions were taken by relevant team(s).
Engineering degree with 3-5 yrs experience in Problem Management.
- Basic understanding of monitoring domain.
- Good analytical & Problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of Linux, Microsoft OS & communication protocols.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Past experience in client service will be an advantage.
- ITILv3 Foundation Certification is mandatory.