As an Installation Engineer, you are responsible for executing product deployment plan created by Installation Manager and task allocation for and monitoring of Technicians in the team. You need to act as a deputy to the Installation Manager and are responsible for culture and discipline within the team
The below roles & responsibilities are indicative of the expectations of GreyOrange from your job role. However, your impact on the organization and hence the responsibilities evolve over time and hence the below are not exhaustive or limiting your position at any point.
- Assist the I&C Manager in developing standard day wise operating procedures (SOPs) for installing and commissioning products with maximum efficiency and minimum disruption at client site
- Assist the I&C Manager in creating a detailed execution plan to complete the installation & commissioning within the stipulated timelines & budget
- Assist in planning for the right mix of engineers & technicians to execute the installation & commissioning
- Assist in identifying and planning for all procedures, drawings, tools & jigs needed at the time of installation & commissioning
- Follow all SOPs and deploy the products as per specifications and within the stipulated timelines
- Follow all commissioning procedures post installation and accurately record detailed commissioning results
- Share daily progress updates with client and internal stakeholders
- Follow handover process post commissioning to transfer ownership to Client Service team
- Assist in signing of commissioning certificate by the Client post handover, by ensuring handover completion and closure of any open issues
- Maintain detailed records of installation & commissioning activities and provide feedback to all internal stakeholders for continuous improvement through I&C Manager
Should follow all safety standards and guidelines as per EHS during site installation & commissioning at all times
- 0-2 years of experience as an Installation engineer
- Experience in the Material Handling Industry and Order Fulfillment Systems preferred.
- Strong business acumen, excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, meticulous planning ability, and well-organized
- Engineering graduate preferred (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics degrees ideal)
- Strong sense of ownership and adherence to timelines