Engineer / Sr Engineer – Inventory and Material Planning
This position is for production planning and execution, keeping the material consumption and material coverage on track. ECN implementation and coordination with logistics and finance for timely shipment of finished goods.
- Coordinating with S&OP team and giving inputs on supply chain and plant capacity.
- Develop material and inventory planning based on S&OP and production plans.
- Project future inventory.
- Assist in production risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Assist in new product development and enhancements.
- Conduct daily meetings to keep track of material schedules and updating material tracker.
- Resolve production issues related to production.
- Ensure the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and inventory accuracy at all times and manage and control inventory levels and movements of raw material, WIP and FG.
- Monitor production cycles and ensure all stakeholders e.g. SCM, Quality, Planning & Change Management, Stores & Logistics, Technology, People Operations, Finance etc; are aware of the corrections needed to achieve the master plan as established.
- Manage the supply chain on its most efficient way, challenging batch run frequency, size, challenging supplier MOQ (minimum order quantity), driving any initiative to improve inventory turns
- Coordinate in implementation lean manufacturing tools
- Ensure that material scheduling strategy and processes are in place and work effectively in order to ensure material supply meets production requirements with minimum stock levels, whilst optimizing costs
- Take ownership of material planning issues that arise, including over or under delivery and take any follow up actions especially in the event of material shortages that affect production.
- Manage inventory risk and ensure that contingency plans are in place
- Seek and recommend solutions to overcome issues arising in order to meet production requirements and address operational risks
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) is effective and that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
Production systems / Just In Time / Lean Manufacturing / Kanban system
6 Sigma / 5S / Kaizen / VSM
Quality systems and tools / ISO 9001 / OHSAS18001 / ISO 14000
Poka-Yoke / Fool Proof
Problem solving ability
Leadership - Team Handling and people Management
KRAs & KPIs of Quality profile:
To achieve monthly and annual target
Dispatches as per plan
Material Availability for meeting customer demands
Resources available (Man and Line) for meeting customer demands
No line stoppages due lack of material.
Inventory Accuracy (SAP Vs Actual)