The successful candidate will be a key member of the robotics mechanical team. S/he will design solutions to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of an eCommerce Fulfilment Centre (FC) and help scale-up FC operations.
The new GreyOrange member will have extensive experience in mechanical system design, working knowledge of extensive range of materials and properties and demonstrate expertise in manufacturing processes and mechatronic systems.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification
- Detailed "Design for manufacturability" knowledge across a wide range of fabrication processes
- Extensive experience with 3D mechanical design and associated software applications such as SolidWorks, Inventor and Pro Engineer
- Conduct Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of Mechanical Designs
- Documentation of Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) for Mechanical Systems
- Involve in R&D for constantly improving the performance, reliability and life cycle
- Active participation in production and testing of new hardware and systems
- Documentation of Design, Manufacturing and Assembly processes
- On-site inspection of systems at vendor’s site
- Support Production, Installation and Service Department staff when necessary to resolve problems encountered during the lifecycle of a product
- Review Technical User's Manuals when needed to ensure equipment specifications, setup instructions, operating instructions, etc.
- Travel occasionally, both domestically and internationally, to support the installation team
- Bachelor's degree in engineering in any discipline
- 1-7 years of work experience
- Demonstrate strong ability to translate high level functional requirements into professional and robust detailed designs
- Thorough knowledge of materials and material properties
- Working knowledge of electrical and electronic hardware and circuits
- Strong communications skills and familiarity with fast growing companies, the associated deadlines and high-energy culture that goes along with launching new products
- Will to put forth extra effort when required to meet design schedules on projects where delivery time is critical
- Self-sufficiency in building and testing mechatronic systems