The Research Integrated Supply Chain (RISC) team at Grey Orange is the key link between R&D Engineering team and the Production SCM Team. RISC specializes in ensuring that the products are scalable and profitable. The RISC understands
- The product requirements,
- The Engineering/ Design aspects of it and
- The scalability, pricing targets of SCM team
and optimize the processes, components and BOM for each Product to ensure a smooth handover from R&D to the production teams.
The role is of an Engineer who would need to ensure that the above responsibilities of the RISC team are met for all Mechanical and Manufacturing components before handover to the production teams. This role requires a high level of expertise in both Engineering and SCM departments.
- Study new Product development, right from R&D/Prototyping phase and perform Pareto Chart analysis of the individual components' costs
- Actively work with R&D and Design teams to:-
- improve processes for cost cutting.
- improve product(s) by better utilization of available parts/ manufacturing processes
- Stay informed on the latest developments related to Manufacturing
- Evolve Manufacturing/Assembly processes of components/ assemblies to optimize costs and Improve Scalability
- Actively search for alternative bought out components that match engineering specs and result in cost savings
- Work on BOM and freeze it before handing it over to the SCM-Production team
- BE/B.Tech degree in Mechanical, Production, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of Manufacturing processes and Mechanical Design
- 2-3 years of experience in Supply Chain/ Procurement team
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- High Intelligence Quotient and an eagerness to learn and constantly improve himself/herself
Currently, this job is not active. Please do keep visiting our careers page for relevant
Talent Acquisition Team