RECRUITMENT PRIVACY NOTICE
GreyOrange Inc., a corporation registered in the United States of America, and its group affiliates (including the affiliate with which any job you may apply for is associated) (“GreyOrange’s”, “we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we will collect and how we will use it.
Personal Data collected by GreyOrange:
GreyOrange will collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide to us– this includes information that you give us by registering on this site, accessing/submitting any applications, using any of the services provided on this site, and/or through offline means. This is likely to include your name, age, gender, email address, postal address, phone number, qualifications, employment history, other application details and your resume/CV;
- Information we otherwise collect about you– this includes information that is collected through your use of this site. This is likely to include IP addresses and data collected by means of cookies or similar tracking technologies. It will also include information about the results of any assessment, test or application process that we conduct; and/or
- Information we obtain from other sources– we will obtain information about you (such as details of your suitability to work with us, your past performance at work, your character, verification of the information that you provide to us, and if legally permitted, any history concerning criminal convictions) from third-party references that you provide to us, from your previous and/or current employers, and from third-party background checking services.
We refer in this Privacy Notice to the information about you that we hold as “Personal Data.”
Uses of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed by us for the following purposes:
- to consider your job application (including, in some cases, verifying your qualifications and references with those third parties you name);
- to notify you of relevant job vacancies with GreyOrange that you may be interested in, in the future;
- to improve user experience and/or tailor user interaction on the site;
- to send you periodic information about GreyOrange; and
- to comply with legal/regulatory requirements.
We are entitled to use your Personal Data in these ways because:
- we need to in order to consider you for a position at GreyOrange, and upon your request, to take hiring steps prior to entering an employment agreement, if found suitable for the position;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge; or
- the use of your Personal Data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests such as ensuring that we have made appropriate checks on the qualifications and experience that applicants tell us they have.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
We may share your Personal Data with third parties in the circumstances below:
- we may share your Personal Data with other GreyOrange group companies (including the GreyOrange’s company with which any job you apply for is associated), which may also use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes listed above. A list of GreyOrange’s group companies can be found on www.greyorange.com; and
- we may also share your Personal Data with third parties outside of the GreyOrange’s corporate group:
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to our service providers (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services and candidate relationship management tool) for the purposes of providing services to us. These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements, and they will only use your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice.
International transfers of Personal Data
As GreyOrange has offices located in many countries, the Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, any country where we have offices or in which we engage service providers. All transfers of your Personal Data will be conducted in compliance with applicable data protection law.
Transfers of European Economic Area (“EEA”) Personal Data outside of the EEA
This sub-section only applies where your Personal Data is processed by a GreyOrange entity that is established within the EEA.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the EEA for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. Where we transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA, it will be protected in a manner that is consistent with how your Personal Data will be protected by us within the EEA. This can be done in a number of different ways, for instance:
- the recipient company might have signed up to a contract obliging them to protect your Personal Data; or
- the recipient might be located in the US and be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of your Personal Data is compliant with applicable data protection law.
Retention of Personal Data
How long we hold your Personal Data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
- the purpose for which we are using it – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations – laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the Personal Data that we hold about you. These rights include:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you, including any results of tests you have taken in the course of the recruitment process;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided to us;
- the right to request that we correct your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data, but we are legally entitled/bound to retain it;
- the right to request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Data, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator in the country where the relevant GreyOrange’s company is located if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us. If you are not sure which GreyOrange’s company is using your data or which is the relevant data protection regulator, you can ask us to clarify this using the contact details below.
- In addition to the above rights, if you reside in France, you also have the right to provide directives on how your Personal Data shall be treated after your death.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us” section below.
Questions, comments, and requests regarding this privacy notice should be addressed to:
I confirm that I have read GreyOrange’s Privacy Notice and I acknowledge that by submitting my personal data to GreyOrange, GreyOrange will process it in accordance with the terms of the Privacy Notice.